I promised to release this already used but not yet released library some day, so here it is.
Some utilities I seem to use in many of my applications.
These sort of lay a path for further development to avoid copy-paste programming and easier code management.
The pack is divided to 7 different classes which are
- BasicSecurity - Helper methods for System.Security.ProtectedData class
- Bytes - Helper methods for byte <-> string conversion and hexadecimal string <-> byte array conversion
- ProgramArgumentCollection - A simple class to get program arguments and to get their values if the format is arg=blah or --arg=blah, etc.
- DBUtils - I like to do SQL the old fashioned way, by writing! So some utilities to help in that cause
- Misc - Currently just enumerations
- Paths - Some utilities to application related paths such as the installation directory and settings directory
- Utils - Non-categorized utilities, currently about detecting to host application type (WPF? WinForms? ASP.NET?)
Now to sauna, beer and that unmentioned RPG (not programmed by me), which will stay unmentioned to avoid advertising...
Instructions to LangLib (MultiDB)
I had an inspiration to release instructions for the LangLib (MultiDB).
In the reasent news about this library release I mentioned something about a library called "VPKSoft.Utils",
which is used by the LangLib (MultiDB).. that will be the next release. After that ?.
Perhaps a RPG, which name I'm not going to tell to avoid advertising.
I released an update to the ConfLib to version 126.96.36.199.
- Added possibility to encrypt values (using System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData with DataProtectionScope.CurrentUser)
I released an update to the LangLib to version 188.8.131.52.
I have added support for few other databases
- MySQL server
- PostgreSQL server
- Microsoft SQL server
I'm not releasing any instruction today, but within a week or so they will published.
For now there are two releases of the library
- The SQLite only (v.184.108.40.206)
- The MultiDB (v.220.127.116.11)
The MultiDB version also uses a library called VPKSoft.Utils, which is not "sort of released" yet, but included.
- Added support for MySQL, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL server databases. Few more ...
Page 14 of 19